Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi all, we'll design a new bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninju

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The bot should be entirely without non programmable devices.

Here's the thing. It should have a battery charger and must be able to move on wheels. It should go to the place with the brightest light and stay there and charge the battery.

It can utilize the battery's power to move around.

All ideas welcome.

what I think for it may be you also go in this way.

It have two sensor for seeking light(for moving in the direction of light) .

and two sensor for "if light detected stop (I think it for seeker one)"(for checking state whether light is there or not) .

sorry but I am new to robotics (just 1 LFR) but if idea is not correct please don't kick me out.

@ electronicsidiot : Mate, your idea makes sense. To get onto the next step, i'd like ask that wat sort of sensors shud one go for??
I wud opt for a Solar sensor interfaced w ith a Solar Charging circuit. So that when it goes in brightest of sunlight, it shud trigger the charging circuit. The maximum intensity of sunlight can be programmed to have a typical voltage level (say a threshold), so that along with a comparator, we can trigger the charging circuit (and ultimately disabling the locomotion circuit/motor drive) when the output of the sensor goes exeeds the threshold.

@ All :-
Apologies to all who are bothered by the short language that I used. Though I learnt about its prohibition just now, I am sorry for that.

I'm the ultimate homemade guy. I propose using electromagnets made from any suitable wire to create a combination of rotary solenoid and relay. The magnets move paper clip legs for a hexapedal insectoid robot. Ive actually made a platform from a bottle cap. what remains is to properly wire it up. Also I need to tweek my diagram for the sequential actuation of the legs.

Modifying an ink pen radio through the headphones one can set up a circuit that can create a signal side seeking robot on my previously mentioned platform. If you use 3 radios one for the transmitter one for left and one for right with 2 antennae one can wire the legs to move more quickly in one direction than the other thus steering the robot in the direction of the radio signal transmitter. When the transmitter is directly in front the robot will simply move straight forward .

I did do some work on it. I preferred to keep it extremely simple. Just used LEDs to detect light along with photodiodes. Then used class B- based push pull amplifiers, in H-bridge config to do the job. Be sire to add schottky diodes for protection as the motor generates back emf.

@prasad . please post a circuit for solar charging device. It seems to be a current source and not a voltage source.

princeanalog, please post diagrams as it would be helpful to anyone doing something in this topic. I too used all old parts lifted from some old electronic equipment and some home made stuff.

@ ninju: Hey, sorry, had been off for a long time..exams and submissions kept me out.
As you had asked for.. here is the link to the circuit and the article that I am gonna go for..as it looks simple and worth giving a try.

**broken link removed**

@ Ninju: In addition to the self-locomotive, smart-Solar charging bot that we opt to make, We can add one more gadget onto it. As its gonna roam an area searching for better sunlight, we can place an anti-collision system onto it. Will Ultrasonic Tx-Rx pair will serve the cause? What say ??

Yeah we can add that. Can add as many devices as we want. It should run on nothing but solar power. Thats the only requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.