Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS waveguide analysis - create an offset of a contour

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need to analyze a waveguide with an unorthodox shape. I have the shape of the OUTER cross section (2D dxf - Customer info provided). I would like create IN HFSS the INNER cross section contour.
I can do that in Autocad, but unfortunately Autocad cannot read the dxf provided, so this is why I need to do that in HFSS.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi,

I would look up the wrap command in HFSS help pages: Modeler>Surface>Wrap. Also lookup Boolean>Imprint. These are different ways that you may be create the INNER cross section counter using the outer one in HFSS. That is as much as I can think of without knowing your exact structure. Good luck!

Joline

Joline,

thank you for your help. see snap attached. I have the profile in the right.
I need to make a pipe lie the one on the left.
for the left I just build the yellow cylinder, then the red cylinder and subtract.
I do not know how to create the 'red' from the yellow in the right side

Attachments

• Snap2.jpg
    Snap2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 98

Hi Kato,

Have you looked up wrap or imprint commands in HFSS? I think you can use the yellow on the right and imprint it on or wrap it around a cylinder with the required diameter as in the red one.

Joline

well 'imprint' requires 2 objects. I have ONLY ONE. I need to create the second first to use imprint.
see the picture before. left side has 2 objects. my problem is to create the RED from the YELLOW for the RIGHT side

Hi Kato,

I understand that you have the yellow object on the right wrapped. Is that correct? Then you can imprint it on a sheet. Then when you have that, imprint it again on a cylinder with the diameter that you need for red.

Joline.

no, I'm afraid I was not clear enough. here is again:

1. the left picture has two 2D circles one yellow and one red. if you subtract red left form yellow left you get an annular shape.
2. i need to reproduce the process for the yellow right
3. but on the right i have only the yellow
4. SOMEHOW, from the yellow right i need to come with a RED RIGHT. HOW?? theoretically it's 'just' an offset of the yellow perimeter but HFSS has no command todo just that
5. if i have the RED I'm all set. I can subtract RED RIGHT from YELLOW RIGHT to get the annular shape for the RIGHT

the offset means that you need to scale the yellow on the right to get a red on the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back