Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS v13: Webupdate not installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjr

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have just installed HFSS v13.0 on my computer in the lab (XP) and on my personal laptop (Windows 7). The webupdate tool works fine on the XP machine but says it must be installed on the Windows 7 machine. Otherwise, operation is normal and there was no problems with getting the license off of our license server or running simulations.

Does anyone know what may be wrong? Google searching hasn't turned anything up yet.

EDITS:

1. Multiple installations was not helpful nor was cleaning folders, registry, etc...

2. I'm having difficulty getting the remote analysis to work... it may be that any remote/web operations are crippled.

Last edited:

You should consider that the webupdate is not working because you are under the IT security and need to be an administrator in order to modify installations... that was my problem.

Reactions: jjr

jjr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You should consider that the webupdate is not working because you are under the IT security and need to be an administrator in order to modify installations... that was my problem.

This was the problem but I didn't have to reinstall. HFSS just needed to be opened with Administrator privileges on Windows 7 (right-click, "Run as administrator").

Thank you

edit: added OS

had the same problem... fixed mine too!

thank you !!!:-D

also i face this problem with xp
internal error : web update is missing required information.

please give me solution how i remove it
thank you !!!:-D[/QUOTE]

when you have this error click on " cancel" not on "OK" . It will starts working. Once application starts, Go to Tools->Options->General Options->WebUpdate Options (tab)->Never.

100 % works

Reactions: nvt088

nvt088

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back