Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: solve inside and finite conductivity boundary

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqpost

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I read a paragraph in HFSS online help and I am not quite understand it. Just post and see if there anyone has some understand towards this one.

It is under keyword "Solving inside or on the Surface"
HFSS implicityly places a finite counductivity boundary condition on the surfaces of an object that should not be solved inside based on the material properties of that object. You can also incorporate a DC Thickness for the implicity boundary condition by setting an appropriate thickness value.

My question is what is the object that should not be solved inside based on the material?? Does it correlate to the Solve Inside Threshold? And when I set a solve inside, for example, a copper metal, do I still need to set the finite conductivity boundary?

Thanks!

Objects with conductivity higher then 10^5 will not be soved inside automatically.

Reactions: drops

drops

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Objects with conductivity higher then 10^5 will not be soved inside automatically.

But if I keep the threshold at 10^5, when I choose the solve inside for a component which is, for example copper, it will show the warning message that they may need a large mesh. Do I need to increase this threshold?

And is the solve inside on the contrary to "finite conductivity boundary"? Can I set these two on one structure? And what will HFSS solve for this structure?

Thank you so much for your time.

Try both methods ( with and without "solve inside") and check the difference (don't forget to update). The mesh will obviously increase because now the mesher should mesh the conductor inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back