Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS says my lumped port is only touching one conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ente

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i am trying to simulate a microstrip coupling in HFSS. I am coupling 2 mikrostrip lines with an apperture in the middle but when i ym trying to simulate it it shows me this error message:

'1' conductors touch lumped port '1', typically a lumped port contains 2 conductors.

HFSS Complete.png

Here you can see my entire Model. the lumped prot is red circled.

HFSS.png

when i turn off everything else you can see it better. the lumped port is connected to the upper perfect e sheet and the bottom groundplane ( a perfect e sheet as well). Is the Problem here that the microstripline is basically just a sheet on the dielectric material? should i consider thicken it to make it more like a conductor? the microstripline is as an sheet exactly on the 1st layer and the second layer is placed on it without any space in HFSS could this be a problem?

otherwise i dont know where i should search for my misstake. Maybe you guys can help me!

Using sheets as conductors and attaching ports can cause problems like this. Expand your sheets into finite-thickness volumes, make sure the port overlaps the thickness, and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back