[SOLVED] HFSS Question regarding Helical Antennas and helical coil with capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_coke

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to simulate the magnetic field between two LC circuits a distance Z apart and find out the Q and S parameters of the system so I can see the efficiency and whatnot.

I'm new to HFSS so it came with this thing called the "Antenna Design Kit" and I was able to generate a model of a helical antenna coil and it has a ground plane and whatnot.

I was able to simulate the magnetic field around it but my actual work requires me to use an LC circuit so that I do not radiate E field (just want H field).

My question is, is it the same thing? Is simulating the magnetic field of a helical antenna with a ground plane and coax input the same thing as simulating the magnetic field of the LC lumped helical coil and capacitor??

If so, I can just use the antenna design kit and duplicate two of the generated coils and just run the simulation.

But if they're not the same, can anyone suggest a way of going about this? My LC circuit will have a voltage +/- input to it so its kinda like an electronics circuit really, not something HFSS is for but I was wondering how I can do it in HFSS because no circuit simulators can simulate the EM fields of lumped components (that I know of).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…