Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Patch array problem with plotting E fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS Patch array problem

Hi,

I have modeled two patch array, but I cant seem to simulate it corectly. It solves for about 7 passes and converges. But when I plot E fields it is clear that something wrong is in the model. Please can somebody look at at and help me with this design?

Re: HFSS Patch array problem

Mantas said:
when I plot E fields it is clear that something wrong is in the model.

Why are you telling that something is wrong? Please explain a little bit.

I've checked the design and seen that, the return loss/VSWR is not good enough. Was the design for 6 GHz or some other frequency?

Please let us know your requirements.

Hi,
the main thing I think why there is something wrong, because when you plot Emag on patch there is no field at all or very little on it and it is no expected resonance distribution.

what is the problem with this plot?

Hi again,

Now it seems ok. First I plotted at 6GHz and it was my mistake because resonant patch frequency is 5.5GHz and plot was with auto scale. As in your picture you used log scale and it can be seen resonant behavior of E field in the patches. I am attaching one patch plot that you could understand what I was missing in the earlier plots.

Status
Not open for further replies.