Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: mesh problem, pls help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdropletx

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i'm a new user of HFSS. when i try to add solution setup, the following error msg popup:

"Solution setup 'setup1': given a specified frequency and model dimensions, an extremely large mesh will be required to produce an accurate solution. your model and/or frequency units mayb be set incorrectly"

may i know what is causing this problem?
and what is lamda refinement? is it linked to this problem?

thanks alot! =)

This is not necessarily an error. The warning is issued because the mesh will be large and may tax your computer.

If your frequency is high (thus small wavelength) or the model is large (many wavelengths) this can result. It may run anyway but take some time. Your other choice is to decrease the model complexity or size. It probably is not practical to reduce the frequency.

Or get a computer with more RAM.

Hi xdropletx,

Your thanks are appreciated. The general rule on the site is to not send thanks messages. You as the thread originator can push the "thanks button" and acknowledge help that way without generating a new post.

Others following the thread do not then have to wade through a series of extraneous posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.