HFSS -- importing dxf/dwg and problem with material...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakey

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss to dwg

Hi,

I'm just learning and I would appreciate if somebody could help me.
I drew a microstrip antenna in Draw! and exported it as dxf, then dwg... (I had some problems with importing, but I sorted this out.)
I have an [imported] object, which is sitting under Model -> "Not Assigned".
I want to assign 'copper' to it, but I can't. When I select an object and right-click the "Assign Material" option is grayed out.

Anyone could tell me why?

Also, another lame question -- how do I link port to this object?

Thanks,
Martin

PS. Screenshot attached.

hfss acis error api_check_entity

Hi,

Shakey I have the same probleme like you. I import the draw as .sat (from IE3D) but I can't assigned it a model (there is an 3D model error) then no boundary or metal.

Thank you for your help.

hfss acis api_check_entity

I can't help you PAF. I'm new to this soft, but once I figure it out I will post an answer!

hfss dwg

Up!

dwg and hfss

it has to be 3d ; u cant assign material for 2d

Hi cisconur,

my design is a 3d one. But it don't work and I have an error when I verify the design validity: Acis error: "api_check_entity failed for part". What it's mean?

PAF

in HFSS sometimes you need to remove first if there is moving , boolean operation etc. i dont know why but when i have done them first and assigning then it worked. try in this way. May be work.

hi shakey,
I guess You're using HFSS v11. If it's true, let use 'Import method' as Script Method when you Import objects from .dwg or .dfx sources. You can do it at DXF/DWG IMPORT dialog -> Options Tab.
Hope it helps!

your model is a 2-d structure. w/o any thickness. you can't assign a material to anything that is not 3-d.

either give the metal some finite thickness or define the array as an e-boundary.

use the gap port assignment as apposed to wave port. you will have to define a 2-d plane for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.