Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS FSS polarization simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

setur

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I have a task to research how the polarization angle effect on the frequency selective surface.

In current model I use the Floquet ports with Master-Slave BC on the square boundaries, but I don't know how turn polarization of 0,1 modes of the floquet port.
Or, may be, there is a way to use circle floquet port.

Last edited:

If your unit cell is either rectangular or square, then by solving for the first two modes (orthogonal polarizations), assuming you need no more than that, in the Floquet port you know all you need to know about the polarization dependence of a structure at a given angle of incidence. If your structure symmetry is aligned with the modal excitation of the Floquet port, then your principal planes are known.

Search the floquet port in HFSS or you can also look at the examples posted on this site prior.

Have Fun

If your unit cell is either rectangular or square,
Yes!
assuming you need no more than that, in the Floquet port you know all you need to know about the polarization dependence of a structure at a given angle of incidence
So, how I understand, when I have solved first two modes with ortoganal polarization, I can get solution at different angel, right? But, if it's true, how to build a graph of S12 for that angel?

Ok, if I draw graph of
angl*mag(S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort2:1)) + (1 - angl)*mag(S(FloquetPort1:2,FloquetPort2:2))

for example agnl = 0.5 for 45 degrees

Will it correct?

Reactions: trstlm

trstlm

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.