Not open for further replies.

orsamoo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am making my first steps in hfss and want to calculate Q and L of known coil in order to understand the process.
my coil is a very simple flat coil:
**broken link removed**
this coil is a flat coil, known dimensions and properties. I have read the hfss spiral coil help file and did the same just with this coil.
instead of designing round corners I mad it sharp (rectangular coil with same dimensions - I belived it would change the result slightly).
the problem is that I am getting 100-300uH inductance instead of 10uH in around 125Khz....

I noticed that when I changed the ground (the rectangular cube where I connected the 2 ports of the coil to) size it also changed my inductance - this tells me that something is wrong.... why is it what am I doing wrong?

additional info - even when I did a ring ground as in the example the result was far from reality - I know it because the Rsestance that I can calc pretty easy was far from real...
what can be the reasons for such wrong simulation?
thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Hi
does anyone have working coil simulation of round cross section coil so I can see what am I doing wrong?
thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…