Not open for further replies.

crayon

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am using HFSS12 and Ansoft Designer 5 for EM co-simulation. I built some simple CPW structures in HFSS and incorporated them into Ansoft Desinger using dynamic link to HFSS. But the simulation results (S-parameters) given by HFSS and nexxim were significantly different (larger than 10dB).

The structure was a CPW bend. I used Driven Terminal solution type and two wave ports, normalized to 50 ohm. In Ansoft Designer, I connected the two pins of the HFSS CPW bend component to two 50 ohm terminations. The S-parameters given by Ansoft Designer was quite different from that given by HFSS directly. The HFSS results seemed more reasonable. So I was confused...

In the past I used Agilent ADS to import the S-parameters generated by HFSS for co-simulation and it worked great. I thought Ansoft Designer would provide a smoother connection to HFSS.

Thanks for inputs!

I have same question as well. What is the difference between these two approaches, "use Ansoft Designer to co-simulate with HFSS" and "use Agilent ADS to import the S-parameters generated by HFSS for co-simulation"? Which one is more accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…