Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS 11 problem - Assiging wave port

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecollar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss version 11 using ports

Hi all, I'm very new to HFSS and now trying to learn it by reading Ansoft HFSS user's guide (ver 10). Though I used HFSS v.11 software.

I was working on Example 5.3 (Probe Feed Patch Antenna). Everything seemed to be fine, until I tried to assign a wave port excitation (page5.3-11). In the document it shows that after calling HFSS>Excitations>Assign>Wave port, we can set wave port terminals. But I found this nowhere. All I can set are Wave Port General and Post Processing. This problem occured in Example 5.1 as well.

I skimmed through the forum but coundt find the answer to this. Please kindly help me. Thank you very much.

hfss 11 user guide

for assigning waveport for coaxial probe you must draw a circle covering the whole area of coaxial feed and then you select the circle and then assign the waveport .........i think then there r no error produced..............

bluecollar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
terminals on waveport

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did that. There's no error, but it doesnt allow me to modify Wave Port Terminals. Is there a relevant option that I forgot to set?

hfss assigning terminals

what modifications you want, and not able to do?

terminal waveport hfss

Finally I can figure out. In the driven modal, HFSS allows me to set the waveport terminal, but this is not true in the driven terminal.. Thanks everyone :)

Im having the same problem in both driven modal and driven terminal. Any help? Using HFSS 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back