Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HF power amplifier..help

Status
Not open for further replies.

meridio

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rf power amplifier circuits hf

Hi
I need some help..Ive been trying to build a RF amplifier for 12MHZ .But ive had some problems driving power.
The basic oscillator is a colpitts one with crystal using a BJT 2N2222 .Output is taken from BJT colector.The bjt colector also has a choke tied to +Vcc.But I need to boost output power. Just 1 BJT isnt enough for getting 180Vpp and 200mA current that my circular antenna(radius=30cm) needs.

I´ve put that antenna into BJT colector in series with the choke.but i just get 26Vpp using +15 from a DC power supply .And current is really tiny...And it starts to oscillate so oddly. So I decided to leave colector and choke alone and put Antenna as a colector load out of that circuit. I dunno what to do. Finally Antenna has 0 Volt and circuit stop oscillating and i just see DC component in oscilloscope.
Ive tried a buffer ....but even a BJT buffer draws current and oscillator stop....

How can solve I this problem? ..I really need a RF power amplifier 128Vrms and 200mA. Are there any circuits or schematic can help me solve this?

Ive designed a buffer with a bjt and a power booster with mosfet (as a power amplifier) .In my SPICE simulation works perfectly. But in real PCB...it doesnt work!

Please help me
Thanks for your help

Meridio

electronicadamelltda@gmail.com

I need some help with this oscillator.It cannot drive so much current ..
If i put any kind of load..it stops oscillating...
thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.