Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hercules nettran - System Verilog netlist file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearers

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I have a private net-list generation tool and it is generating System Verilog net-list.
I would like to convert this System Verilog net-list to spice netlist for the analog simulation on the Ultrasim and Spectre.

Does "hercules nettran" support System Verilog net-list input file?
If not, could anyone introduce some other tools?

Regards,
Matthew

I am curious about your question, so please enlighten me on the following.

1> What is a System Verilog net-list?
As I know, netlists usually convey connectivity information and provide nothing more than instances, nets, and perhaps some attributes. Netlists are obtained from a hardware description language such as Verilog, SVerilog, VHDL, or any one of several specific languages designed for input to simulators.

2> If you have one type of netlist (assuming that you had modeled a digital circuit using SystemVerilog) why would you want to convert it to spice netlist. I don't see the relation/significance!

Hi dpaul,

I am design some specialize circuit. I cannot use normal Boolean standard cell library.
I have no library but I just have schematics of my user-defined cells. The System-Verilog net-list file has the connectivity information of my cells.
I would like to simulate this net-list using Spectre therefore I have to convert to the spice(spectre) net-list.

Thanks,
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back