Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with warnings in Protel DXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

madnaveen

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
off grid netparameter

Hi,
I am using Protel DXP and after i create my schematic and compile the project, i get the following warnings:
(1) off grid pin xxx at yyy,zzz where xxx is the pin number of a component and yyy,zzz is physical location of the pin on the sheet. I have a component with 8 pins and i get this error for 4 pins only.
(2) off grid netparameter at yyy,zzz where yyy,zzz is a location.
(3) Nets wire ABC has multiple names. I know what this means but i am working on a multi sheet design and there is an instance where nets with different names interface with a microcontroller. is this is majaor issue? or can i ignore and work as my netlist shows the pins i want to be connected as connected.

thanks
Naveen:cry:

Hi,
I think that u must define VDD or VCC and GND for your component.
these pins are usually hiden.
Bye.

Hi,
I have these pins defined. This component is a custom made component and not used from the library. Its is an 8 pin SOIC-N packaging (analog devices temperature sensor TMP36FSZ)
VDD is at pin8 while the GND is at pin4. In case this is the problem, i should get a warning for pin4 as well which doesnt happen. The warning comes for pins 5-8 only.
Is there something that i am missing here?

Thanks
Naveen

18_1162092187.jpg

Added after 4 hours 14 minutes:

Hi,

I have fixed the errors. The warnings were related to physical placement of pins on the grid in the schematic sheet. I ensured that the pin ends coincided with the grid points and the warnings vanished. :D

As for the third warning on multiple names for netlists; it is not much of a concern as the pins i want to be connected across multiple sheets are indeed being connected. Protel gives a warning to ensure that the net label names are indeed as one wants it. These warnings can be disbled through Project>>Project options and then under viloations associated with nets, edit the value associated with Nets with multiple names from Error to No entry. Now when the project is compiled, there are no errors.

This maybe elementary for most of the designers there but for a newbie like me, who has just started with Protel, this was something!!!! So the pros out there please bear with me :D

Thanks for the help
Naveen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back