Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Genesys EMPower

Status
Not open for further replies.

selva500

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
genesys .s2p simulation

Hi

I have been trying to simulate an interdigital filter with the LNA (using the s2p files for the component) attached to it. The linear simulation looks reasonably good but when it comes to the EMPower simulation things don’t go as well.

I've sort of figured out why EMPower simulation is not as good as the linear one when the LNA is connected to it. When i connect up the LNA in the schematic and optimize it, the circuit is optimised for the scenario when the LNA is connected. But since the LNA is invisible to EMPower, the EM response isnt very good. Is there a way that I could set up EMPower to take into account the LNA when running the simulation? How do i do this? Currently, I have set the LNA to be replaced by a short circuit in the layout. Do i have to set it up so that the footprint shows up? I wouldnt think that this will make a difference will it? It will be good if I can see the EM response with the LNA attached. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I can do this.

Another question I have is when I finally integrate the LNA and connect it to the filter. Do I need some sort of impedance matching from the LNA to filter and back to the LNA again or I connect it straight to the feed lines (I don’t think the TL from the LNA will be the same width as the feed lines) or can I just omit the feed lines and connect the TL from the LNA straight to the resonators(ie will there be any matching issues)?

Is there a way that I could set up EMPower to take into account the LNA when running the simulation? How do i do this? Currently, I have set the LNA to be replaced by a short circuit in the layout. Do i have to set it up so that the footprint shows up? I wouldnt think that this will make a difference will it? It will be good if I can see the EM response with the LNA attached. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I can do this.
I do not know about EMpower but I know that You need to go back to schatic from layout and re-optimize.
Another question I have is when I finally integrate the LNA and connect it to the filter. Do I need some sort of impedance matching from the LNA to filter and back to the LNA again or I connect it straight to the feed lines (I don’t think the TL from the LNA will be the same width as the feed lines) or can I just omit the feed lines and connect the TL from the LNA straight to the resonators(ie will there be any matching issues)?
Yes the above answer says same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back