Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need guidance and help with signal modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundrous

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, in the following video, you can see a signal modulation. we are sweeping a frequency range from 300kHz to 6GHz by VNA meanwhile applying 1V and 5kHz signal from signal generator to the bias tee built in the VNA.
Unfortunately, if I increase the 5kHz signal from the signal generator the bias tee filter the signal. How can I do this signal modulation? is there any specific bias tee, diplexer, or directional coupler for doing this job?
I am new in RF measurement and any suggestions are appreciated.
I need a passive device or a method in which I can apply these two signals in a signal modulation way.

Thanks.

A volume control circuit might be adapted to perform AM modulation.
A JFET is an easy method to vary signal amplitude. It's depletion-mode which makes its usage simpler than enhancement-mode devices.

Simulation spun off from circuit found in Falstad's menu (animated interactive simulator). Volume control made from an N-jfet.

AM modulation via Njfet (derived fm Volume control in Falstad circuit menu).png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back