Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a led matrix 8x8 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinay_Ganatra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
11.JPG
when m connecting led matrix to micro controller(PIC18F4520) ,voltage on port pins of controller get reduced and i dont get required pattern on matrix. but when m connecting single LED on that port pin m getting led glowing properly. can any one help me where m going wrong??

i got it when u connect led matrix led get dim
...becoz led are current operated component .......
when u connect power supply to ur ckt all the current used by controller there is no enough current in ur ckt for drive led matrix .......
there is only two solution u have to use 5A power supply .....
or use ULN 2803 this ic can sink 500ma current and provide to led matrix i am also working on this same project with 8051
if u think this data is helpdul for u
plz press helped ...tjis is ma first one:)

but m not glowing more than single led at a time, and controller can sink or source current up to 25mA and that is enough for led to glow properly.
and m using power supply of 5V/3A.

then use a resisitor across a led .....
a voltage drop across resistor will help led to glow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back