Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help w/PIC and rs-232 programming and interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

snurtle

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help on a project I'm working on for school. I'm trying to program my pic (18f4620) in C using mikroC as my compiler. I have written some code but its not working. I'm going to receive 8 bits the first four are 0's and the last four are the actual bits received through the rs232. I have built the rs232 circuit using the max232 and did the loop back test using the hyper-terminal and it works. But I'm having trouble reading the bits received. I don't know how to integrate that into my code. I'm only trying to simulate this because the actual bits are coming from a GUI my other team member built. Any help will be greatly appreciate it. Thanks alot :)

P.S. I'm using proteus to try and simulate my code but is there any way to add the rs 232 on there. I found the chip max232 but not the db9 female connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.