Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help:Using more than one nios in the FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

joansang

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Considering the max frequency of nios is only up to 150MHZ. It seems that it is poor in the ability of processing a large scale of computing.So we want to introduce more than one nios in the FPGA..

But it refers to the cooperation between these nioses..Can someone give me some suggestions on how to distribute tasks to these Noises???
Thanks...

Hi,
What you are asking for is a kind of a parallell programming with distribution of code into different processors.

Long time ago, I was studying the usage of parallel processing using massive transputer arrays, the programming language was "parallel C", you can find a lot on google if you search for it.

You can create a manual distribution of your processing by creating a pipeline coding or having a multi prrocessor operating system that supports dynamil allocation of processing load (I am not aware of any for Nios). Maybe someone here has a better knowledge of the type of OS you can use to support this.

Best of luck,
/Farhad

avalon switch fabric supports multi nios core as bus master.

Status
Not open for further replies.