Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to replace a coin cell battery with rechargeable battery and wireless charging coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackAD

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I am not an electronic engineer (hence this post). I have this circuit (designed by someone else) and I need to replace the battery holder (BT1, 3v) with a rechargeable battery and wireless charging coil (54 mm diameter max) to charge it with.

(btw, the J* components are just jumpers to allow traces to cross as this is a single layer board).

1624436595547.png

1624436604512.png

Is there anyone who would be kind enough to tell me how to do this? Recommend the components I need?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• 1624436567397.png
    1624436567397.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 119

You can safely replace the the indicated battery with two Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries in series and the charging coil in series with a diode connected across the battery. Select a suitable battery holder to mount the two cells (AA or AAA are very common and easily available) in series.

You can safely replace the the indicated battery with two Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries in series and the charging coil in series with a diode connected across the battery. Select a suitable battery holder to mount the two cells (AA or AAA are very common and easily available) in series.
Thanks. When you say a "diode connected across the battery" - does that mean in parallel with the battery?

Any chance you could sketch it for me please?

How do I select the coil?

Thanks a lot!

No, the diode should be connected in series with the charging coil. It is needed so that the battery does not discharge into the coil when the charging power is not available.

The wireless charging coil should have the charging circuit - else you need to get a charging unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back