Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help to Optimize my Cadsoft Eagle work

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here I am presenting my first serious practical work in Cadsoft Eagle
with a very simple circuit.
See the attachment.
Help to optimize my work by pointing any faults (if have) in my work.

I Used the schematic as reference to place components.
I used wire width 0.024
Is it enough for etching ?

Four wires are drawn on component side. But this is one sided board.
So I will connect four direct wires (without soldering) on component side between desired points.
After auto route (Preferred directions 1 Top-N/A, 16 Bottom-*) these four
wires remain unrouted. Its manual routing on solder side is so tedious as of crossings.
So I manually route them through component side. That is wire jumps.
Does it is a good practice ?

Does there any need for turning on/off any additional layers on component and solder side ?

I heartily welcoming all opinions to improve my skill in Eagle PCB fabrication.

0.024" = 0.6mm which is plenty big enough. Even a low quality PCB supplier should be able to manage 10 thou.

If you want to autoroute a single sided PCB you should turn off the top layer in the router and set the bottom side to "direction *" - I think I have already said that earlier.

You should be able to route it without links. However, your ICs are too close together and 0.024 may be too wide to do that.

I haven't looked at the detail of the schematic, but it is drawn in a very confusing way. It is normal to orientate components all the same way round and have a logical signal flow (usually from left to right). Also, it is common to try to put positive voltages above negative voltages. You have half the components rotated through 90 degrees and signal flow is from the bottom left, up to the top & bock down again. You have NPN transistors which look "upside-down" even after you turn the paper round to read the legends.

Keith.

board and schematic files

Keith.[/quote]

.sch and .brd files wouldn't support on this forum.
Otherwise I can attach them as there is a lot missing from the board pdf.

I haven't had much time to look at it, but moving the components a little allows the autorouter to get only one unrouted wire. In routing PCBs, the placing of components is very important. I manually route almost all my boards and generally place the components and orientate them with a view to the routing so I don't end up with unreachable components or bad, long tracks.

By the way, the board & schematic had different names. I assume you just renamed them as they would normally have the same name.

Keith.

I forgot to mention - I re-arranged the schematic in a way that I think makes it easier to understand (to me at least :)

Keith.

keith1200rs said:
I forgot to mention - I re-arranged the schematic in a way that I think makes it easier to understand (to me at least :)

Keith.

well-favored

Status
Not open for further replies.