Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to identify component

Status
Not open for further replies.

onallives1960

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all:
I ask for help identifying a component called MET C933, smd type, which is in a battery charger circuit 7.2 volt Ni-Mi (six units 1,2 volts) with power input of 12 volts DC
I thought of different options (variable capacitance diode, Schottky diode, but can not find any datasheet on the subject.
Can you someone help?

Attachments

• 17052012_001 PEQUEÑA.JPG
    17052012_001 PEQUEÑA.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 84

The logo kind of looks like "ST" for ST microelectronics. Hard to be sure though.

I agree.. seems like St Microelectronics Logo..

Looks like a Varactor (Varicap diode)

Thanks all for your answer.
There are a mistake in my firts post :
The baterry kind is Niquel - Metal Hidrure. Sorry.
This charguer is made for OLSBERGS - Sweeden for HIAB.
It chargue the pack of six bateries 1,2 volts, 1200 mAh.

MET C933 can be one overload & filter protection for eprom chipset, as varicap diode ?

Sorry for my bad english.
Thank you & Best regards

Its not a varicap diode for sure. As i can see there is a fuse (white) which supplies the voltage to a feed through capacitor (yellow) next it eneters an SMD IC or mosfet where the voltage is conditioned to the required level and the Cathode of this Diode shown is connected to the Vcc track and naturally the Anode pin to gnd which is under the device. So 99% its a diode connected across the DC supply. Thaz it. The circuit may work even with it but with few risk features. For substitutions, you need to measure voltages across it when in place and when not in place.
Cheers

Yeah I have to agree with pranam, it's got to be a large power diode, maybe a zener. I've never seen such a huge SMT varactor before. If we can't find the actual datasheet for the part, then the only way really tell is to map out the surrounding circuitry to discern its function. From a quick glance it looks like it might be a catch diode in a buck converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.