Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to Design Hardware !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmeshpitroda

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

I want to make Weight measurement circuit..

I have very good knowledge of Different famalies of Microcontroller and also am in this field write from 2 year.

I want to make my system with lowest cost and batter performance for that i have to be smart chooser for component of my project.

I want to ask some questions to the people who have worked in this field:

1) I think 8051 is the batter choice but many companies have this series so please can you guide me which 8051 will be my smart choice? or I have to think abt some other families like PIC or any other else...

2) I think i have to use Load Cell and many types of load cell available in market so also friend can you guide me regards this selection ? or I have to think other other than load cell ?

3) If you alredy make any project which is directly or indirectly similar to this than please provide me document or code.. i will be very thank full to you ...

Please if you have any information regards any of 3 points menson above than please guide me.. I am confused...

Thanking you and Regards,
Dharmesh

8051 isn't targeted for battery powered application. I'm assuming your weight measuring circuit will have a a/d converter and LCD display. some member of MSP430 series may be a single chip solution. For more cost effective solution you should search some Taiwan's IC company like Holtek, Sunplus or Winbond.

Mike @ ezpcb.com

Hi,
you are right my Hardware has three things

1) LCD for Displaying Weight and User setting menu display purpose

2) Key for interface

3) Loadcell as transducer

From where to start and how to start or if any one make this type of hardwre then please guide me..

Thanx in advance, see you

Hi dharmeshpitroda,

Start with The LCD to display the value that u want to display in LCD. Later u go with ADC to get the weight of the load cell calculate the the count to engineering units and display in LCD. Can i have the LCD what ur going to use .

Take a look to Analog devices microcontroller ADuC Series. Two mainstream devices: 8051 core or ARM core. The main issue is precision on A/D converter...

take a look at this page
**broken link removed**

HI

I belive MSP430 with LCD interface is better for your design you can order a demo board from OLIMEX at low cost to start with

ALl the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back