Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to analyze the Gain-by-2 switched cap based Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

eegchen

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I am designing a 1.5 bit Sub-ADC. The Gain-by-2 Amp is shown in the graph below.

The sampling speed is 200MHz, Supply is 1.2. The waveform is only Gain-by-2 Amp result. the input is 300mvP-P. And the ideal output waveform should be 300mv--900mV and DAC output is fixed at 600mV.

Gain of OTA is more than 100dB, unit gain bandwidth is 600MHz, output current is 1mA.( BTW, i use ideal switch,common mode is 600mv)

Could anyone analyze the waveform for me? what caused the settling behavior so slow and it seems not settle down at all? What do i need further improvement.?
To me, the waveform is like a pole-zero doublet. i only learn that Cascode folding OTA has pole-zero doublet problem. How about this circuit ?

Thanks

Best
Gang

Re: Help to analyze the Gain-by-2 switched cap based Amplifi

I think you will have to understand first why your waveform is not symmetric and then think about pole-zero doublets.

eegchen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks,

That is what i am thinking, why it's not symmetrical. It's obvious caused by OTA.

Is it because OTA has different discharge and charge cap?

Best

I don't think it is the charge-discharge. You see, the blue half doesn't even reach deltaV=300mV and is kind of going down. The red one is more than 300mV and increasing.

eegchen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

So is it the reason of not symmetrical output swing ?

sutapanaki said:
I don't think it is the charge-discharge. You see, the blue half doesn't even reach deltaV=300mV and is kind of going down. The red one is more than 300mV and increasing.

may be not the asymmetrical swing per se, but more the reason that's causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back