Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP]text message software for Nokia 6500

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

Need you help?

I am looking for a small software who can send text messages (like SMS) trough the Bluetooth comm on the nokia 6500 cell phone (Symbian OS)

Program should be sher-ware,freeware, or low cost.

Thanks in advance

Bobi

Hi
if it was s60, then it was so easy.
but since yours is S40, if I recall correctly, there are 5 options I can think of.
First is to use java apps that connect to pc, while still you can't send sms directly from phone, you have to confirm on phone.
Second one, using NOKIA provided pc suite sdk.
Third one, don't know if this works or not, download "bluesoleil" 2mb ev version and send try it from there, I doubt it might work
Forth one, host service, check this, it might help
Using Gnokii to Send and Receive SMS Messages from a Linux PC
Sending SMS Messages Using Windows XP - O'Reilly Media
Fifth, I dont know, maybe pc suit provides a command switch, some time ago it was requested on nokia's forum to be added.

HI

Thanks for your replay.

I am looking for an application that can send text messages from the Nokia (not from the PC) trough the Bluetooth interface

In my project I need to receive this messages via a Bluetooth module, decode the message, and control an application on an embedded system (not PC related)

Thanks

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back