Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP!!! Slot antenna with more than 100% efficieny in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

olule

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please everyone,

I am trying to simulate a simple slot antenna in HFSS, but the gain for my antenna(~6db) far exceeds what was stipulated by theory(~2dB). Worse still, the radiation efficiency is more than 100%. Could anyone kindly check out my attached simulation file, and please tell me what the heck is wrong!

Thank you.

hi
pls dont repeat u question in new Theard
and i ask u if u design base on a paper or book or not

@ferdows

I am posting a new thread because u are not giving me specific answers. Give me the numbers. When you tried to simulate my antenna with CST/HFSS, what gain and radiation efficiency did you get? A simulated efficiency of more than 100%, does that look normal, paper or no paper. And by the way, the design is based on a paper titled ANALYSIS OF PRINTED LINEAR SLOT ANTENNA USING LOSSY TRANSMISSION LINE MODEL by M. Himdi and J. P. Daniel

Thank you

hi
i said u , your antenna have no problem and u should seen your radiation efficiency in dB scale and when the result of CST and HFSS is equal u can confident them

Reactions: olule

olule

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back