Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help review my PLL design

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwww12345

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am asked to design a new PLL. I have read some papers and decided to do as follows:
1. Build the block of the PLL using Matlab or VerilogA . I donnot know these 2 tools well. Someone said Matlab is more quickly and intuitionistic, but it cannot include noise effect. Nevertheless I still tend to use matlab,for I can use matlab in other project after I study matlab. Later on, someone tell me that matlab can do noise simulation, the question lies in that the correct noise model. Who is wrong?Please recommend to me which tool is better and give me your comment, thank in advance. In either 2 tools , how can I insert the correct noise model to get the system response?
2. Once I got the parameters of each block, I can design the schematic in detail. I think this step may be easy compared to the 1st step.

Am I right? Please help me to the right way,Thanks!

About MATLAB Model for PLL see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back