Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required to make 24CXX programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athar Rasul

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I want to make a programmer for 24Cxx family of EEPROMs. I am using JDM's following circuit:

**broken link removed**

I have 2 questions:

1. Can I use 9-pin serial instead of 25-pin? Will that disturb voltage levels as JDM has stated that it only works with RS-232 levels at < ±7V.

2. Can I only connect the required pins for EEPROM (boxed in green) and leave rest of the pins without having to worry about floating etc?

Thanks

Added after 10 minutes:

If not this circuit, can the uJDM work for EEPROM?
**broken link removed**
I believe it is for PIC only.

Kindly someone take notice.. I've been stuck on this and need help....

yes a DB9 will do fine from an RS232 port. It does require a + and - voltage to work as a PIC needs more than 5v to erase. And yes you can connect the pins in green and it should work. the others are only used for a PIC microcontroller.

yes a DB9 will do fine from an RS232 port. It does require a + and - voltage to work as a PIC needs more than 5v to erase. And yes you can connect the pins in green and it should work. the others are only used for a PIC microcontroller.

yes that can be possible try this layout thru protues 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.