Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required stepper motor programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrkarthik.raman

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear forum members,

The stepper motor i am using is bipolar, 2 phase, current rating is 2.8 amps, voltage rating is 2.3v and 10kgcm torque.
I am using a M542 stepper motor driver.
I am using Atmel 89C51 microcontroller to move the motor thru the driver.
I have included the motor specifications sheet and the datasheet of the driver and also the interfacing schematic i have followed.
i am using assembly language programming and compiling programs in keil.
In my program, the motor is moving continuously with no stop.
pls can u post sample codes to move and stop and move the motor in accordance with the interfacing diagram.

thanking in anticipation,
Karthik Raman

Attachments

• stepper motor specifications.pdf
    22.4 KB · Views: 92
  • M542_Manual.pdf
    444.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC04392.JPG
    DSC04392.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 121

it would be better if u could post the code as well..or maybe attach it, cause the fault might be in your code.

Hello,

Could it be that your outputting the signals so fast that the motor cannot keep up and is essentially stalled? With stepper motors its normally a good idea to ramp the speed up and down so as to try and avoid this problem. You should be able to test for a stalled condition by removing the power and seeing if the motor becomes easier to turn or has a slightly less cogging action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back