Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required on RF communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

samthunderbolt

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the beginning, I want to admit that I have no background of electronics. I'm a mechanical engineering major, and I have worked with microcontrollers and IC's in my college robotics club, but it basically involved making pre-designed circuits that were given to us. So I have never designed a circuit on my own.

A project at hand right now requires me to detect whether a circuit is broken or not, and if broken, transmit this information wirelessly to a central receiver. Let's call this a circuit-break-detector-module. We want there to be a number of such modules, which should be able to transmit their data wirelessly to a single receiver, which will be at a maximum distance of 6-7 metres from these modules. The purpose of this "central-receiver" would therefore be to monitor each circuit-break-detector-module.

Now there are a little more complications. The circuit-break-detector-module is supposed to be embedded inside a component made of polyurethane during its molding. Also the polyurethane component would be vibrating continuosly. Therefore, I would like these modules to be :

1. As small and simple as possible
  2. Should be able to withstand high temperature during molding of polyurethane component,
  3. , and able to withstand high vibrations.

Any thoughts on how should I proceed with these ideas? Any help regarding this project would be greatly appreciated.

do u want a project based on rf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back