Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!! Received power density in 802.11b

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbhalerao

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,
I am presently in a research group, where we are interested in finding alternate applications for WLAN or 802.11 b ...
I want some data on received power density with respect to distance from a standard WLAN interface card ..... I tried to google as well as searched for it on IEEExplore, but didn't get anything.. I would be greatly helped if someone could give a graph of received power density vs. distance for normal office spaces.. I do think there have been plenty of studies regarding this, maybe its just that I didn't come across any of these... I am looking forward to some help on this front...
I would also like to thank all the members - you have been of immnese help throughout my research project.. I am nearing compltion of my work and would share my work once its completed...
Warm regards..
Pheonix...

Here are some data for WLAN Signal Strength and Throughput vs Distance in an office room, and the calculated Path loss vs Distance.
The spikes in the graph are probably due to multipath phenomenon.

Thank you sir for your help.
Could you also point out the study or a link which will guide me to the details such as the transmitted power strength, parameters considered and the assumptions made.
I am also involved in the same project as sbhalerao.
Thank you once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back