Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help pickit 2 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

malhi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have connected pickit 2 with explorer 16 development board have pic24fj128ga010
pickit 2 is not detecting the device,i made it manually..
the problen is m not able to write my program on controller the error coming is in attachment

please help me

Hi,

Think you should go to the Pickit2 menu - Tools, TroubleShoot and follow the diagnostics with a voltmeter - it sounds like you have not connected correctly or have got some other device connected to the programming pins - see the ICSP section of the Pickit2 manual if you have.

wp100 said:
Hi,

Think you should go to the Pickit2 menu - Tools, TroubleShoot and follow the diagnostics with a voltmeter - it sounds like you have not connected correctly or have got some other device connected to the programming pins - see the ICSP section of the Pickit2 manual if you have.
i remember to have read somewhere on Microchip forum, that some batch of explorer 16 development boards have ICSP connector marked in reverse. please check in real board tracing the pins going to the chip and re-connect the pickit2 at the appropriate pins.
Hope it serves your need.

sir i have tried the same, its not working i am getting the error of ["programming failed at program memory address"]...m not getting it what it means

malhi said:
i have connected pickit 2 with explorer 16 development board have pic24fj128ga010. pickit 2 is not detecting the device,i made it manually..
the problen is m not able to write my program on controller the error coming is in attachment . please help me
Is it the Original Pickit2 from Microchip or some clone? Cheers

yes sir it is true from microchip

Status
Not open for further replies.