bingjiang99

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
0.18um ibg

Dear fellows,

I am new to the TSMC0.18 process. I have a question about the difference between RFMOS and MOSFET that TSMC 0.18 1P6M offers. My application is at 915 MHz.

Thanks,

Well first of all RFCMOS model is different. If you are working on high speed, particularly RF applications then it is recommended that u use RFCMOS. Another difference is the layout style. RFCMOS layout is different from the regular Mixed-Mode CMOS. As a result RFCMOS layout tend to be larger than the Mixed-Mode counterpart due to Triple-Well.

Hope this helps. Any other question just post it.

Good luck

CCW27, thank you very much for your reply.
I have another question. I know the RFCMOS spice model is more accurate that the standard ones. I want to know if the difference is big. I want to use native NMOS in my design due to its low threshold voltage. Is it possible to use it at 915 MHz?
Thanks a lot,

915MHz should be alright, I think the mixed-mode model will be pretty accurate for that range. Generally speaking TSMC model are pretty good, just make sure u do postsim to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…