Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on bandgap of photonic crystal slab on SOI substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdingshan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plane wave expansion method matlab code

Hi,everyone,I'm doing some research on 2D photonic crystal slab based on SOI substrate. I know that the bandgap of it can be calculated by PWE and supercell method. But I don't know how to solve it by Matlab? How to define supercell? How to calculate the light line?
If anyone can paste some Matlab codes on this problem? Thanks a lot!

photonic crystal slab plane-wave expansion

Hello:

For this you can visit h**p://groups.yahoo.com/group/pbg_analysis/ for furthur guidance. I am also attaching matlab codes I got from their forums.
Hope this helps.

V

I have also uploaded the thesis this code is based upon. All credits for the code and the thesis go to it's owner Dr. S Guo of Old Dominion University.

shangping guo thesis

zeroedus said:
Hello:

For this you can visit h**p://groups.yahoo.com/group/pbg_analysis/ for furthur guidance. I am also attaching matlab codes I got from their forums.
Hope this helps.

V

I have also uploaded the thesis this code is based upon. All credits for the code and the thesis go to it's owner Dr. S Guo of Old Dominion University.

Dear zeroedus,
Thanks for your help very much! But I have not enough points to download the theses. Would you please email them to me? And the PWE directory has many matlab files, can you tell me what problems each one to solve?
My EMAIL: gdingshan@163.com

photonic crystal

Very good! I am very eager to get these datum.

supercell pwe matlab

Thank you very much for this post. It was a huge help to me.
Aleks

matlab plane wave expansion

Thank you for your help.It is a good post.

matlab program for photonic crystal slabs

Sounds very good information. Thanks!

photonic crystal slab matlab

hi gdingshan, now i meet the same problem as you mentioned above ,have you solved it , if you have ,could you tell me how to do it thanks

matlab photonic crystal

It's a good post, but i have not enough points to dowload the thesis.

Added after 25 minutes:

Is there a FDTD writen by Dr. S Guo? Who can give me the FDTD program? My Email is zhh309@sina.com. Thanks a lot!

“photonic-crystal slab” plane-wave expansion

thank you very much for your materials ,I want it for long time .

Added after 4 minutes:

in my opinion ,in his programs ,he change the TM and TE performance .right?

Added after 2 minutes:

in my opinion ,in his programs ,he change the TM and TE performance .right?

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
band gap of a crystal

why not use MPB or Bandsolve to calculate it?

crystal [programming matlab

nice work. excellent implementation solving all my problems :D
i am brand new user. can someone email to me sarniak(at)tlen.pl the manual :/ instead of lack of points :D:D:D

shangping guo plane wave expansion method

that's great! I'm looking for the codes. Thanks a lot

plane wave expansion rectangular lattice code

could it be possible if the policy to be changed..I don't have enough points to download the thesis.
Or maybe someone who already have it,send me the file through my mail: khalmusa2@yahoo.com
Thanks

till photonics matlab code

This is the matlab code that I'm looking for! Thanks so much.

photonic crystal thesis

Hi
i want to calculate the band diagram of a kind of structure that the supercell is in diffrent kind, can you help in this too????

i attach the structure here.

Thanks alot for your help

23_1214280847.jpg

[/img]

pwe+slab

Has anyone applied Dr. Shangping Guo's Fast Fourier Transform Plane Wave expansion method described in his published paper "Simple plane wave implementation for photonic crystal calculations, Optics Express vol.11 p167 (2003)for "arbitrary lattice"? I tried to verify my code by appling his method to geometries with published band structures. The method works for symmetric lattice(square, triangular) with symmetric "atom"(circular, square) but didn't work for non-symmetric lattice (rectangular) or non-symmetric "atoms"(elliptical). I wonder if there is limitation of this method. Please help~~~
Thanks!!

slab+triangular+photonic

ychuang1 and I have the same question

slab+photonic+triangular+pwe

Does anyone have any codes on the plane wave admittance method, or the Fourier transform design of photonic crystals?

plane+wave+photonic+crystal+slab+theory

zeroedus,
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back