Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed with the voltage buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakwency

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, somebody please help:
I have a voltage buffer with an open-drain output stage(NMOS) as shown below. The simulation shows good tracking of the output voltage(with respect to the input voltage) but now I got the silicon and the buffer seems to have problem tracking the input when the voltage is close to the power supply(VDDH). In other words, the NMOS cannot turn-off when the input is close to VDDH and there are leakage currents. Can anybody tell me what the possible cause is? Thanks!!

Freakwency said:
Hi there, somebody please help:
I have a voltage buffer with an open-drain output stage(NMOS) as shown below. The simulation shows good tracking of the output voltage(with respect to the input voltage) but now I got the silicon and the buffer seems to have problem tracking the input when the voltage is close to the power supply(VDDH). In other words, the NMOS cannot turn-off when the input is close to VDDH and there are leakage currents. Can anybody tell me what the possible cause is? Thanks!!
and by the way, the difference between the output and input voltages are several hundreds of mili-volts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.