Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed regarding my circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejector

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, i am building a "propeller led clock" i have done all the work but i am not getting which interrupter to use. i want an interrupter with 3-legs which should give me a level HIGH (5v) output all time But the output should drop to zero (LOW level) voltage when it is put near to the south pole of the magnet. can anyone name a hall-effect sensor that matches my requirement?

And please, with this, name an opto-coupler TOO, which should do the same work.like it should give me a 5v output all the time but the output should drop to 0v when anything comes between its IR.

please tell the name of both (hall-effect sensor and OPTO-COUPLER).

Thanks a lot.

i think no one is here who can help me :-(

All Hall effect sensors and opto-couplers will work. Whether they give a high out or low out when the magnet/light is interrupted depends on how you have them connected. We can't help with the best type of sensor for your application without knowing more about the electrical and mechanical design you are using. There are many designs on the Internet and of course you can make your own.

Brian.

i have attached what i want to build. at about 2000 RPM are needed in this project. now can you sujjest me Hall-effect and opto-coupler please.
Thanks for reply

Attachments

• Final Product.jpg
    Final Product.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 71

Hello...actually here you want to obtain a pulse at each 360 degree rotation...is it?

Did you already operate the rotor? At 2000 U/min, you can expect about 900 g at a 0.2 m radius. I may be wrong, but the construction doesn't look like being prepared for it...

@vinodstanur
Yes! you are right i need a pulse at every rotation of 360 degree.

@FvM
yes you are also right that i need around 2000 RPM with my circuit as load on the motor.

But the problem at the moment is that which hall-effect sensor and which opto-coupler will suite to my requirement? tell me the name or part number of these two.
Thanks

The intended polarity can be achieved with any standard transistor output photointerrupter, if you connect the collector to VCC and the emitter as output with a load resistor.

Hall-effect switches are mostly operating active low when field is present, so you would simply connect a NPN transistor (or logic gate) as inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.