Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed: how to start IBM AT power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltg

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I got a old IBM AT power supply without main switch. It starts from motherboard. Now I want use this as my hobby power supply, becauce there are 5.0V, 12V, 3.0V. But I don't know how to put it on.
The model is: DPS-200PB-70 E Rev:00.

Do some of you know how to put it in on mode?
Thanks a lot!
Best Regards,
ltg

It is not a good idea.This type of supply units require minimal load current to work( usual this is typed on RSU). This curren is not smal ( several Amps) and most frequently must be drawn from both 5V and 12V. If you didn't have such load current supply does not work properly ( or may be at all).

When this PSU started from MOBO it is ATX type and can started if the PWR_ON pin is on GND.Without modification not recommend for hobby-works, and before starting apply a car bulb 45/50W to 5V and 12V output as Moss wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back