Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed: How to install Fedora 15 into a new Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsw1216

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am facing a problem of installing Fedora 15 into a Desktop PC without any OS installed which means no Windows installed. I tried to boot the Fedora 15 Live Desktop using USB device but i failed to boot and load the Fedora 15. When I boot it in my laptop with Win xp installed, it successfully booted and loaded in.

May I know how to install the Fedora 15 into the Desktop PC HDD ?
Is it using Fedora 15 Live Desktop iso file or any other iso file ?

Your guides will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

you need to burn the fedora.iso file to cd/dvd then boot from cdrom/dvdrom.

To install though USB, you need to load the fedora into a blank pendrive through:

UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

which will make your USB device bootable.

*if you use a non empty usb device, it may be overwrite*

May I know the iso file i need to use is LiveCD Desktop.iso or Dvd.iso ?

Ok. Thanks for the info.
If i am using the LiveCD Desktop.iso, how can I install the Fedora 15 into the new PC without OS using the USB made by using LiveUSB Creator ?

Same method. use the UNetBootIn to install the live cd to pendrive. Then, boot up your computer and select your usb as the first device in the bios :)

May I know how long the installation will take to install the Fedora 15 into a new system using USB ? or DVD ?

I am facing a problem while installing the Fedora 15 using USB. The installer will stop with a list of commands after i selected the language and the type of keyboard used. May I know what is the problem about this situation ?

When i use DVD to install the Fedora 15, same thing happened after selected the desired language and keyboard type but the screen keep on loading commands until i dont know what commands are displaying. May i know what is the problem on this situation ?

Your guidance or solutions are most welcome.
Thank you.

Maybe your ISO is corrupted, can you download it again?

I've never used a DVD-ISO, i always use the CD-ISO.

Have you ever tried to install another Linux distro? Such as Ubuntu or something like that? Maybe the problem with that "freeze" after the keyboard selection isnt about the ISOs, maybe your PC has something weird... Do you have any overclock to your processor?

Fedora installation... ALL installation takes less than 25 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have installed my PCs with LiveCD but it will be lagging when i login to it and when i try to open some softwares. The display of Fedora 15 on my PCs are blur and not so clear displayed. May I know any settings I need to configure in order to solve these problems ?

Thanks in advance.

What do you meant by PC configurations ?

Is it my PC spec ?

Hi all,

I have a problem on the display settings. I cant configure the display resolution and frequency neither in GNOME nor KDE desktop. The PCs cant detect the monitor i connected. The PCs are connected through a KVM switch (D-Link 16 port) due to I have only 1 set of monitor, keyboard and mouse. After connected to the KVM switch, all the PCs display has the ghost effect and not clearly displayed.

May I know how to configure or overcome this kind of problem ?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back