Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed for Controlling 6' LCD.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone offer some advise in controlling a 6' LCD screen....
I have a SHARP LQ6RA02 6" TFT and I am looking to use the LCD as an oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer screen.

After looking at the data sheet, I have found that the LCD can work in either Pal and NTSC mode. I guess it is the same as using a computer/TV monitor as an CRO or spectrum analyzer but what I want is to use RGB seperately to display different things eg. Green for signal display, red for text, blue for scales.......

I guess I would need some memory to store infos such as text and screen scales but how would I go about to display that on the LCD with a ucontroller? I have done it with a small 2 line text LCD but one with this size is somehow quite different......

Is it possible to use the CRT just for displaying analog signal connecting to a probe without have to generate vertical and horizontal sync pulses?

Also, does anyone know how these pulses work eg. frequency and pulse width?

Any advise would be greatly appreaciated, thanks in advance!

:)

Hi,
You can find everything you are looking for at:

https://www.epanorama.net/links/videosignal.html

If you want to connect the device to your PC, then you would be better off finding a PC with video ouput. There are so many of them on the market these days it is really easy to find. Or you can buy one of those chap VGA2TV converters (without tuner) and then write your code as you are displaying it on a normal monitor. No need to think about TV, NTSC or PAL signal timing.

A lot of graphic cards these days comming with S-Video output and you need to have a SVideo2RCA converter and then you are ready to go.

You can find some basics about names and terms for video at:

https://atarilabs.com/meat/2000/1201_videoprimer.shtml

Good luck,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back