Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed development board

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlacatl1978

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone,
Id like to put together a development board from scratch but i was wondering if anybody could give me some pointers. So far i have two msp430 processors and two ti wireless transceivers, i guess im kinda overwhelmed by the different types of power supplies outthere. Can anyone suggest any? id like to use both batteries and AC .
Also can you please offer any advice on creating my own board or anything that i should take into account?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Well those TI chips are not the run of the mill stuff; generally diy users stick to the much more popular and well supported Pic or Atmel chips.
Assume you have to use that chip for a college project ..?

For a micros power supply a simple 12v dc wall / power pack around 200-300ma should be fine - just hook up a 5v or 3v regulator like the lm7805 - the datasheet shows typical circuits with filter caps etc.

Cannot give any specifc advice for that chip or point you in any direction other than TI s own user forum.
Best thing is to start with the bare minumum hardware and build it up slowly as your hardware and software knowledge increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.