Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP NEEDED!!! 2n7000 Replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

christodoulos

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
New member here! Hi to everyone!

So I ahve already read similar posts in this forum. But none of them realy answered my question. I saw this project:

https://blog.stevemarple.co.uk/2012/07/avrarduino-isp-programmer-using.html

and it requires a 2n7000. So i went to the local electronics store and I asked a 2n7000 but they didn't have one, although it is widely used
I did a small search in order to find a replacement for the it and I have ended up on those:

2n2222 /2n3904 / MPSA13 / BC547CPHIL

I am not sure if they can be used instead of the 2n7000 in this project! If you have any other sugestions please point them out!

Thank's in advance;-)

So from what I can understand I can't use an NPN transistor instead of a Nmosfet...the problem is that I cannot find the 2n7000, NTE 491 nor BS170 :|

You can use a NPN but you have to add a resistor to limit the base current.

Could you please elaborate on that? I also found a BS108, I don't know about this one but bs107 is recomended for 2n7000 substitution

You need a mosfet that can work with 3v3 , BS108 is fine too.

If you want to use a NPN transistor then use a resistor like 4700 ohm

The transistor replacement would be like
electroda1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.