Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with showing Axial Ratio vs. Frequency plot in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_khan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I know this is just basic question, but I hope anyone here willing to help me.
I want to show the Axial Ratio vs freq. plot in IE3D, I have simulated the antenna by activating the Radiation pattern calculation, and I when I want to display the Axial Ratio vs Freq, I'm faced with many option of parameters (phi = 0,10,..,350 crossed with theta value 0, 5,..,180). I don't know which I should choose.
Hope someone here could give me instruction which I should select, or maybe there is another parameter that I should input.

Thanks before.

circular polarization axial ratio

Hi, shadow_khan:

Axial Ratio is a parameters for determining how good circular polarization. At different angles (theta and phi), the axial ratio is different. You need to pick a pair of angles for the Axial Ratio at that direction. Most designers may be interested in some fixed angle such as theta = 0 and phi = 0 for specific antenna depending upon the main beam. You just try to find which is the main beam of your antenna. Then, you pick the theta and phi angles for the main beam for the Axial Ratio at that direction. Regards.

Re: Axial Ratio in IE3D

jian said:
Hi, shadow_khan:

Axial Ratio is a parameters for determining how good circular polarization. At different angles (theta and phi), the axial ratio is different. You need to pick a pair of angles for the Axial Ratio at that direction. Most designers may be interested in some fixed angle such as theta = 0 and phi = 0 for specific antenna depending upon the main beam. You just try to find which is the main beam of your antenna. Then, you pick the theta and phi angles for the main beam for the Axial Ratio at that direction. Regards.

hello Mr jian
i want know where is result main beam in software ie3d? do this main beam is same 3 db beam width or maximum directivity?

Please show the 3D or 2D patterns to find the main direction of the beam. Then, you can check the axial ratio at that direction.

Hi Jian,

Thanks again for your help, it clearly described...

Regards,

jian said:
Hi, shadow_khan:

Added after 1 hours 57 minutes:

Hi Jian,

I'm sorry to ask again, but can I use optimization tool in IE3D to optimize the Axial ratio, for example the variable used is the feed position. If possible, what optimization goal I should define? If not possible, is there any solution to do that.
Thanks before...

Hi shadow_khan,

It's possible to optimize the Axial Ratio as the goal.
What you have to do is:
- first you enable the Radiation pattern calculation, then it will show you option for the Axial Ratio. Then you choose the Parameter Type to be Axial Ratio.
- and set the Optimization Quantity < Objective1
- last you set Objective1 to be 3

If I do mistake, please someone could correct it :)
hope this help

Regards,

Hi Jian,

I'm sorry to ask again, but can I use optimization tool in IE3D to optimize the Axial ratio, for example the variable used is the feed position. If possible, what optimization goal I should define? If not possible, is there any solution to do that.
Thanks before...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back