Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with MPLab programming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_guy

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am new to MP Lab and I use the version 8.30 with Hi-Tech C compiler. I wish to write a code for ADC conversion of PIC16F877A. But I am facing a problem: when I compile my code, I get an error:
Error [1347] ; 0. can't find 0xAA1 words (0xaa1 withtotal) for psect "text302" in segment "CODE" (largest unused contiguous range 0x800)

I searched about the error and found out that it is due to the memory constraint of the microcontroller. Is is true?
So what should I do now to make my code up and running?
Plz help

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,
I am new to MP Lab and I use the version 8.30 with Hi-Tech C compile 9.60 and I wish to write a code for ADC conversion of PIC16F877A. But I face a problem: when i wish to see the result in the watch window, value of some of the variables are shown as "RESERVED MEMORY". I googled a lot but still I could not find a solution to this problem. Why does that happen? Is it related to compiler settings or related to memory? How can I overcome it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.