Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with image matching using Matlab 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

amalassem

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab image match

Hi,

I am working in a project that need to do image matching.
Like, if there is a certain character whithin a photo of a paper or certain face within a photo using video Camera like Labtec Webcam; this CAM has USB connectivity.
Can anybody help me with that using Matlab6.5 or any other high language?

Thanks
Amal

Re: Image Matching

hi,
what u r talking about would be possible by using techniques of image recognition. you may require neural networks etc. for that.u can go to "matlab central" on web(google it) and search for image u'll get lot of software in matlab for this also neural network toolbox in matlab would be helpful to you.
pimr

Image Matching

At first you will use the image aquisition toolbox to get the data for your images into MATLAB
After that you will need an efficient pattern recognition algorithm implemented in MATLAB using neural networks or any other technique.
You will find useful m-files on MATLAB site at
www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought it will be using the image processing tool box not the Neural Network.
My Matlab is not full, form where can I have the Image acquisition and Image processing tool box?
Thanks for helping
Amal

My Matlab is not full, form where can I have the Image acquisition and Image processing tool box?
i think image processing toolbox is only available in matlab 6.5.1 and matlab 7......

You've defined a really broad range of applications in your question, for instance the problem of character recognition may be approached quite differently as compared to face recognition. If you want to simply perform something like an exact match, and there's no geometrical warping involved (i.e. no rotation, scaling) you can probably go for something like template matching/correlation. Otherwise neural nets is probably a good approach (as the others suggested).

My application contains (rotation and angles) some times from a pictures came from a video camera. What is the most suitable?Is it the Neural network or the the image processing?
Thanks
Amal

Hi,

For character recognition, Neural Network can do very well in this. But, it's more difficult than matching using correlation. Correlation may not recognize the character if they are rotated or so forth, while Neural Netwrok do very well in recognition although the orientation of the characters are different.

You may need both Image Processing toolbox and Neural Netwrok toolbox. In fact, if you write your own code for nueral network, you just need Image Processing Toolbox. My suggestion, use Image Processing to preprocessing the image and neural network recognition process. Multilayer Backpropagation network maybe a good one. Good Luck!

Regards

How can get the points? I can't download this pdf .:cry:

Click on free mirror- (no points)

SmartVision,

If I'm not mistaken, you must have joined for 14days and post at least 5 post, in order to download attachment here. Most of the attachment has free mirror link, else you need points to download. You can earn points by posting helpful answers.

Image Matching

Im working in a similar project and I have been using OCR for character recognition, it works very well but for matching images you could use machine vision functions of Intel those are free. You just need to know how to use DLLs in your Developer programming software.
Now I’ve been having problems with one new task witch its detecting pixelization or video defects in a moving video, Does any body knows something about this?

Best Regards

Added after 8 minutes:

Here is a link where you can find a lot of programs that can help you with computer vision, there are a lot of tecniques to match two images
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~cil/v-source.html

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back