Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with equations for coplanar strip lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

thered

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I was wondering if the latest package for ADS has the coplanar strips on its line calc tool.

I was only able to find on the 2005 version the coupled lines (coplanar + ground plane) and the coplanar waveguide (which happens to be the complement of the coplanar strips).

I've been doing some reading and found equations for the coplanar line. However, in one of the papers that has a printed dipole on fr4, they fed the dipole directly to the coplanar strip lines. Using the dimensions they used for the width of the line and the space between these lines, I couldn't get the correct Z0 out of these equations.

I tested my equations to see if there was a typo and there weren't any as the examples from another paper (source for equations) gave me the right/close enough values for several dimensions and Z0's for the line given specific εr.

Thanks for the help, in advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back