Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me with dielectric sensor for testing mango

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamu_s

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dielectric sensor

helo...I am trying to make dielectric sensor for testing mango. i used parallel plates which same theory as capacitor. at this stage, i just used free air as dielectric to test the parallel plates. It doesn't work. my circuit is only voltage divider with low resistor and ac signal. I gave 5Vp. Area plate, A=0.0025m2 and distance, d= 0.0025m. It my pleasure, if somebody can give me any suggestions. thanks

Re: dielectric sensor

Take a test mango, check the capacitance using an LCR meter, with the mango and without the mango... if it works, note the change in capacitance and build a bridge circuit in accordance to the change.

Re: dielectric sensor

rikie_rizza said:
what metal is the plate made of?
Do you suspect that the plate reacts with the mango and produces an electrochamical current? It may happen. But I think, AC excitation and AC coupling the output should remove the problems caused by electrochemical effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back