Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with designing GMSK modulator in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

peichinlim

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GMSK modulator

hi,

Currently I'm working in my final year project. I need to design a GMSK modulator using MATLAB. Could anyone provide me any info?
Thank you.
:D

Re: GMSK modulator

peichinlim said:
hi,

Currently I'm working in my final year project. I need to design a GMSK modulator using MATLAB. Could anyone provide me any info?
Thank you.
:D

GMSK modulation is simular to MSK modulation except a gaussian impulse is required.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

What component should be used to produce Gaussian impulse? because I'm creating .mdl file for GMSK modulator.

peichinlim said:
What component should be used to produce Gaussian impulse? because I'm creating .mdl file for GMSK modulator.

You can use a lookup table to creat the Gausian impulse.

sixth

Hello guys,

where can I find material and files on the analysis and design of Modulators using Matlab?

I'm just entering this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Lupin

Hi Lupin,
if you want to design modulator in Matlab, you need to create a model file. All the components can be find in library browser.

Hi Sixth,
I never use a lookup table before. Can you show me the way?

Thanks

[/quote]

GMSK modulator

Hi Lupin

I hope you have the communication toolbox with your matlab instalation, searh in the help section how to use it.

To Peichimlin

you can find the equation of Gaussian pulses in https://mathworld.wolfram.com/GaussianFunction.html
if there is not that function already in matlab. Then generate a table with vales for x an y.

Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.