Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with a C++ Inventory program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeybee

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c++ inventory

Hi

I was required to write a program to keep track of inventory for a farm.
It entails the following:
1.We are required to use structures to store the name and quantity of each animal.
2. Allow the user to input a new animal (in alphabetical order) using the find function.
3. Change the quantity of animals
4. Print out the entire inventory with the names left aligned and the quantities right aligned.
The basis of the program uses a typical Menu.

I'm short on time. Do you have any suggestions or know anyone or any website that will provide detailed info?

Thanks

Re: C++ Inventory program

If you are short in time, why to use C++ to write this program? To have a nice application done in almost no time I would use MSAccess and to deploy the application to the customer an Access runtime version, which is free for distribution.
You can have a multiuser application with all features you described ready to go in less than one work day.

NandoPG

C++ was specified.

Honeybee said:
C++ was specified.

Hai...

Do didn't have any website that will provide the detailed info that you want, i think you are taking IFDS subject. Now you are writing one sistem, you must familiar in C++ (eg. function calling, array, pointer, Looping, creat header file), if you familiar it you will easily to write the system already..., i am not experience about it because i also newb..... :oops: but i see they wrote before and i get experience from them...

Rrgd

If C++ is required, the faster approach to get your application up and running is to use a JET database engine (mdb file), MSAccess to create the data structure in terms of tables and relationships and then C++ to manipulate the JET objects and to create the forms, SQL strings, reports, etc..

NandoPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back